A delicious and healthy recipe that is perfect for those nights your craving Chinese but don’t want to break the diet!
- 6 ounces organic chicken breast – cooked and diced
- 10 oz brown rice (1 bag from box of 3 frozen bags)
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup diced baby bell peppers
- 1/4 cup snap peas
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 carrot stick, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tbsp organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 head green cabbage
- Heat walnut oil in skillet. Once warm, add vegetable broth and all vegetables.
- Cook rice (microwavable version is easiest if you can find it.)
- Saute the vegetables on medium heat for approx. 7-10 minutes. Once soft, add cooked and diced chicken, cooked rice and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Cover and cook chicken, rice and veggies together on low heat for another 5 minutes. Add cayenne pepper and sweet paprika and stir.
- Tear apart cabbage leaves from head.
- Separate sauteed mixture in half and serve smaller portions on top of cabbage leaves.
Total Calories: 380
Carbs: 41.9g; Fat: 12.4g ; Protein: 28.5g; Fiber: 5.6g