Lately, I have been super into making my own pancakes on the weekends. I LOVE pancakes, but typically steer away from them because of the processed flour. However, I have been seeing tons of recipes for banana pancakes that are gluten free that I have been playing around with. Add some protein powder and coconut flour, and you have yourself some delish gluten-free pancakes. ♥
Makes 4 medium sized pancakes.
- 2 small bananas
- 1 full egg & 2 egg whites
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon (or more) Coconut Milk (you can use water, milk, or almond milk if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (if you use a vanilla flavored protein powder, you can do without this)
- Add all ingredients into a food processor to blend to an even consistency.
- Spray pan with a light oil and heat.
- Pour batter onto pan in the size you want your pancakes and cook.
Nutritional Information, per (1) pancake:
Total Calories: 140.5 calories
Total Carbs: 20g
Total Fat: 2.2g
Total Protein: 11.4g
Total Sodium: 47mg
Total Fiber: 4.9g
Total Sugar: 7.7g