For a healthy meal with proportionate balances of protein, grains, and vegetables, try this recipe I created– it is delicious!
*Makes 2 servings
**Total prep and cooking time: 20 minutes
- (2) 5-6oz pieces of salmon
- 1 lemon
- Low sodium Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive Oil (I use the Misto for light sprays)
- approx 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- approx 4 cups spinach (spinach is so low in calories so pile it on if you like!)
- 2 oz quinoa linguine (you could use regular or whole wheat pasta if you prefer, I use quinoa to keep it gluten free)
- Lay salmon on foil and season with juice of ¼ of the lemon, lemon zest and seasoning of your choice.
- Broil salmon for a total of 10 minutes; flipping it over every 2 ½ minutes to cook evenly.
- While salmon is cooking, cook your pasta as per directions on box (depending on type of pasta you use.
- In addition, while salmon is cooking, sauté the cherry tomatoes and spinach with a few light sprays of olive oil and garlic cloves. Add juice of ¼ of your lemon to sauté.
- Drain pasta when done and plate. Layer on your sautéed tomatoes and spinach and top with your salmon
- Squeeze and zest other half of lemon on top of everything for a final touch of flavor and enjoy!
Total Calories per serving: 502
Carbohydrates: 49.6; Protein: 39.4; Fat: 16.2
*Note, nutrition facts can vary based off of the pasta you choose. The above facts are based off of quinoa linguini.