You have just about made it!! Today being the last day of the cleanse, the meal plans are a bit flexible as I want you to use the vegetables/proteins you have left. Also, I understand the same food items can get very repetitive so feel free to eat what sounds good, as long as it is within the options and part of the grocery list. Make sure you stay within the options I am giving you for each meal though so you stay within the calorie counts!
*Remember to eat all meals 2-3 hours apart, having your last meal at least 3 hours before bed.
Detox Vegan Green Smoothie
Blend together the following ingredients: 1/2 cup Almond Milk Organic Greek Yogurt, 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 small handful of flat, fresh leafed parsley, 1 cup sliced apple, Ice and water as needed for consistency.
Total Calories: 148
Raw Veggies + Green Tea
1 cup each of baby carrots, cucumber and broccoli with 1 cup green tea (optional: grate ginger and add lemon juice to tea)
Total Calories: 100
Kale Salad + Quinoa/Chicken + Veggies
You have an option today; you can do the same salad you had yesterday with the kale and quinoa, or you can do 4 oz of chicken instead. You will be having chicken for dinner so do what you have the most of and/or what sounds the best.
At least one hour before its time to eat, mix 2 cups of kale with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and juice from 1/2 a lemon. Let sit in fridge to soften leaves. Add 1/2 cup qunioa OR 4 oz lean chicken breast. (If you want to do both quinoa and chicken, only do 1/4 cup quinoa and 2 oz chicken.) Top with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and broccoli.
Mango + Green Tea
Slice a mango, potion out approx. 1 cup and eat with the skin. Drink a glass of green tea with snack (optional: grate ginger zest and add lemon juice).
If you would rather, have 10 asparagus spears with 1/4 cup quinoa and green tea.
Total Calories: 100
Chicken + Mixed Greens + Vegetable
Cook 4 oz lean chicken breast with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. While cooking, mix 2 cups mixed greens (spinach and arugula, kale or other greens – whatever you have most of left!), 10 spears asparagus, chopped cucumber and cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Dice chicken and place on top of salad.
If you don’t want the chicken, use 1/2 cup quinoa instead.
Total Calories: 400
Optional Extras (adding these on will bring your total calories to 1200)
- Orange Juice in morning before workout
- Green Tea throughout day – you can have as much of this as you want!
I love, love, love Mexican food. Everything about it is delicious, but unfortunately it is also usually very high in calories and super high in sodium. One thing we like to do in my house is have taco nights. It gives us the Mexican fix without the unhealthy after affects. Instead, I make my tacos gluten and dairy free with plenty of veggies to fill us up with fibrous things rather then salty things. Enjoy!
Makes 4 tacos (serving size is 2 tacos)
- (4) Corn tortillas
- 4 oz ground turkey
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped finely
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow baby peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red chili pepper
- 1 cup Organic, low sodium black beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
***Note, when purchasing your corn tortillas, make sure they are clean! Many tortillas are filled with sugar, gums, high fructose corn syrup and tons of salt. You want the ones that have ONLY corn, water and lime. Those are going to be your gluten free, clean option!
1. Brown turkey meat on stove. Once browned, drain excess fat and turn stove down to low
2. Add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, black pepper and sea salt to meat and stir well. Lastly, stir in the finely chopped red chili pepper. Note, if you don’t like hot/spicy, skip the chili pepper.
4. Chop lettuce, bell pepper and baby bell pepper and avocado and place in bowls.
5. Warm corn tortillas in oven for 5 minutes on 200 degrees.
6. Once all ingredients are ready, fill tacos as you wish! Veggies (except for the avocado; put 1/4 of the avocado on each taco to stay within calorie count) are unlimited
Nutritional Facts (for two tacos):
Total Calories: 440
Total Carbs: 45.9g; Total Protein: 26.3g; Total Fat: 19.5gTo being fit and fashionable, Christyn
I absolutly love pizza! So when I found this gluten free pizza crust that actually tastes good, I was thrilled. Add some high fiber/low calorie ingredients and you have a healthy, gluten free pizza! Enjoy!
Makes 1-2 pizzas (depending on how much crust you have)
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust (I use Rustic Crust Gluten Free Pizza Crust; 1/2 of one of the crusts is one serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil OR organic marinara sauce per pizza for sauce
- 1 cup kale per pizza
- 1/4 cup sliced white onion per pizza
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes per pizza
- 1 garlic clove
- Optional: 1/4 organic mozzarella cheese per pizza
- Follow cooking instructions on package of crust.
- On top of your crust, spread sauce (either 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon organic marinara sauce).
- Layer sliced tomatoes, sliced onion and kale.
- Top with organic mozzarella cheese (if desired) and fresh garlic
- Bake as per instructions.
- Serve with fresh green salad or steamed veggies and enjoy!
1 serving = 1/2 of 8″ pizza
Total Calories (without cheese): 327
Total Carbs: 33.6g; Total Fat: 19.6g; Total Protein: 6.9g; Total Fiber: 4.2gTo being fit and fashionable, Christyn
As I mentioned earlier in the week, I am LOVING watermelon right now! Since I had so much of it, I took advantage of playing around with this yummy recipe from Fine Cooking. Of course, I changed it up a bit to make this a low calorie, super healthy, and easy meal.♥
Makes 2 servings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 8 oz. jumbo shrimp
- 3 hearts of palm from can
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup basil
- 12 oz watermelon sliced into thin wedges
- 2 oz crumbled ricotta salata
- Marinade shrimp in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice and zest, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Let sit for approx. 10 minutes
- Throw shrimp and hearts of palm on skillet and saute until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Once cooked, slice hearts of palm into 1 inch pieces.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and shallot together for your dressing.
- Toss arugula and basil with dressing mixture and divide onto two plates.
- Add cooked shrimp, hearts of palm and watermelon slices to salad. Crumble ricotta salata on top.
Total Calories: 376
Carbs: 21.9; Protein: 31.3; Fat: 18.9; Fiber: 3.7To being fit and fashionable, Christyn
I am LOVING watermelon this summer! So refreshing and delicious and at 92% water, it’s a super low calorie snack (50 calories a cup)! This weekend I played around with my watermelon snacks and enjoyed this summer fave 3 different ways.
1. 1 cup watermelon, crushed mint and 1/2 oz fat free feta cheese: 80 calories
2. 1 cup watermelon, 1 oz avocado and crushed basil and mint: 95 calories
3. 1 cup watermelon, 1/2 cup cucumber and crushed mint: 60 calories
Enjoy!To being fit and fashionable, Christyn