My bags are packed and I am headed to…North Carolina! We are taking a little trip to visit my little sister and her husband in their small town in the midwest and I am so excited! My next few days will be filled with hiking in the beautiful forests, relaxing by the waterfalls and running with their cute dog.
No matter where your trips may take you this summer, there are a few essentials I never leave home without. Of course, plane travel limits me a bit (you should see my bag and ice chest when it is a road trip!) but never the less, bringing some healthy items from home are always a must!
1. Women’s Health Magazine - Perfect for plane reading when tech devices need to be turned off.
3. Ipad and Ipad Case - Need I say more?! I never leave home without this!
4. Resistance Bands - When you don’t have a gym, resistance bands can give you an amazing strength workout! Plus, they are great to aid in stretching when your muscles get tight from travel.
5. Almonds and walnuts – Perfect snack to amp up your healthy fats and give you some energy.
6. Lara Bars - Yet another great travel snack…I love my snacks ♥
7. Iphone arm band case and headphones – I don’t typically bring my GPS watch when I travel but by using the Map My Run app, I can track my mileage on my runs using their GPS program.
8. Emergen-C Packets - Although I also bring my normal assortment of vitamins, I also love emergen-c packets to give an extra burst of energy and keep my immune system up (planes gross me out!). I never go on a trip without them and, since I started a routine of drinking at least one packet during a plane trip, I hardly ever get sick after traveling anymore – I used to always get sick after tripsTo being fit and fashionable, Christyn