As I mentioned earlier in the week, I am LOVING watermelon right now! Since I had so much of it, I took advantage of playing around with this yummy recipe from Fine Cooking. Of course, I changed it up a bit to make this a low calorie, super healthy, and easy meal.♥
Makes 2 servings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 8 oz. jumbo shrimp
- 3 hearts of palm from can
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup basil
- 12 oz watermelon sliced into thin wedges
- 2 oz crumbled ricotta salata
- Marinade shrimp in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice and zest, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Let sit for approx. 10 minutes
- Throw shrimp and hearts of palm on skillet and saute until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Once cooked, slice hearts of palm into 1 inch pieces.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and shallot together for your dressing.
- Toss arugula and basil with dressing mixture and divide onto two plates.
- Add cooked shrimp, hearts of palm and watermelon slices to salad. Crumble ricotta salata on top.
Total Calories: 376
Carbs: 21.9; Protein: 31.3; Fat: 18.9; Fiber: 3.7